It takes time to research the Best Subscription Apps for Shopify you can use to grow your Shopify store because you’re a busy business owner managing your e-commerce business. We felt free to conduct the research for you as a result.
These applications may help you generate recurring money while also giving your clients a tonne of value by reliably getting them the things they love on time.
The number of reviews, star ratings, top features, and other arbitrary considerations was used to determine which apps were the best. You should find this information helpful as you select the best Subscription apps for Shopify for your store.
- 1. What Is a Subscription Business Model?
- 2. Pros and Cons of the Subscription Business Model:
- 2.1 Pros
- 2.2 Cons
- 3. How can the best Shopify Subscription Apps help your Business?
- 4. Factors to keep in mind when you choose the Subscription apps for your store
- 4.1 Rating and Review
- 4.2 Ranking
- 4.3 Cost and Feature
- 5. Best Subscription Apps for Shopify for your Business
- 5.1 Appstle Subscriptions & Loyalty
- 5.2 Subscriptions by Loop
- 5.3 Recharge Subscriptions
- 5.4 Native Subscriptions
- 5.5 Seal Subscriptions℠ & Loyalty
- 5.6 Subscriptions by Yotpo
- 6. Final words
What Is a Subscription Business Model?
Subscription business models are types of online businesses that allow customers to streamline their purchases while generating a recurring revenue stream for the store.
Companies based on this model will sell specific products or services to customers who subscribe on a monthly basis.
This model essentially helps your store incentivize the customer to pay more in exchange for long-term access to your store’s goods and services.
Pros and Cons of the Subscription Business Model:
So, let’s get started with the pros and cons of the Subscription Business Model
- The first and most obvious benefit is that the subscription business model allows you to predict the future using metrics such as monthly revenue, unsubscribe rate per month, monthly net growth, and long-term customer value. You can control and create campaigns for your store based on the data presented above. Instead of depending on the market, you can take the lead and create your own uniqueness. In other words, if there is equality of income and expenses (Less Stock Keeping Units) in the above matrix, cash flow forecasting will be easier.
- Second, you can use this model to generate regular revenue streams and brand-loyal customers. Purchased subscriptions will make it harder for customers to leave your store, resulting in increased customer retention. In addition, because you can expect the consumption of goods, it reduces inventory waste.
- Third, because this model generates a consistent revenue stream, you can be more confident in preparing your marketing and improving the user experience of your online store. Simply, you can determine how much you can afford to spend on customer acquisition while maintaining a balanced cash flow for your store.
Of course, every model has its advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, some of the disadvantages are mentioned here.
- There is a seasonal variation for certain commodities. Climate change can also affect items that are only suitable for one season.
- Constant innovation and updating must happen if you want to retain customers.
- Acquisition costs may increase as a result of conflicts of commitments.
- Ask for multiple social media tapes and customer reviews.
- It is difficult to increase the average order value due to the fixed price system
Also Read: Importance of eCommerce Website for your Online Business
How can the best Shopify Subscription Apps help your Business?
We all know that establishing a subscription model is one of the most effective ways to retain customers. However, Shopify does not have any features to deal with recurring charges.
The main problem with creating recurring customers in a Shopify store is that Shopify does not automatically store customer billing information. With each purchase, the customer must re-enter the data, which is inconvenient even for the most patient customers.
But all these problems will be solved once you use the best Shopify subscription apps below.
Specifically, these applications help your customers sign up quickly while tracking sales performance and automating certain operations to save you time and effort.
In other words, it is a beneficial choice for both you and the customer. Also, this apps allows customers to enter payment information and save it automatically for later payments.
3 Factors to keep in mind when you choose the Best Subscription apps for Shopify for your store
1) Rating and Review:
Ratings are among the most crucial considerations when selecting an app. The app users’ feedback is the only thing that could be more accurate. You can find all of our client endorsements for the best Shopify subscription app services right here. No software is perfect, of course, but each of these programs has at least 100 user reviews with an average rating of four stars. We consider them to be the best and most well-liked.
We assess these apps based on the search page’s rating in addition to user reviews. In reality, a lot of criteria must be met by an application for it to rank highly on the Shopify Appstore. These criteria include not only a positive rating but also features, content, and the number of installations.
3) Cost and Feature:
Of course, you want to know how the software might benefit your Shopify store. As a result, we carefully evaluate which apps offer the most complete and strong subscription services. Some of the applications’ most notable characteristics are as follows:
- The number of registrants should rise.
- Boost client self-assurance.
- Customization has a lot of influence.
- Advanced capabilities include email and customer notifications, A/B testing campaigns, automation and synchronization, and more.
- Before using any paid apps, think about your budget. All of the below-listed applications had free trials, and our research showed that the monthly fee was more than justified by the features they provide. So, based on your requirements, pick the best application for your online store.
Also Read: Best Automatic Discount app for Shopify Store
5 Best Subscription Apps for Shopify for your Business
- Appstle Subscriptions & Loyalty
- Subscriptions by Loop
- Subscriptions by ReCharge
- Native Subscriptions
- Seal Subscriptions
- Subscriptions by Yotpo
Details about each application
1. Appstle Subscriptions &Loyalty:
- Custom shipping
- Discount levels and shipping
- email notifications are limitless
- A customer portal that is simple and self-managed
- Recurring billing – regular & pre-paid billing
- Cart page, Quickview & custom widgets
- Set subscriber limit
- Subscription Box
- Subscription modifications by Individual or bulk
2. Subscriptions by Loop:
Loop Subscriptions is a Shopify subscription app that helps DTC brands easily grow and retain their subscriber base through personalized rewards in their subscriber journeys.
Loop is ideal for any DTC store that is running a subscription program or wants to run a subscription program on Shopify. We are industry agnostic and type of business model. We support all types of subscriptions: Auto-ship, gift, prepaid, bundle subscriptions & more.
Any DTC brand that is running a membership on its store can also use Loop to charge its customers monthly membership fees.
- Mobile first & self-serve customer portal made to reduce customer tickets
- No-code workflow builder to create personalized & gamified subscriptions
- Setup & go live with bundles/subscription box in mins without developer help
- Retention stack: Cancellation flows, surveys, reasons, discounts & reactivations
- Stop losing money due to card failures with smart & tactical dunning management
This app also claims to be the most trustworthy Recharge alternative.
3. Recharge Subscriptions:
- With Shopify Payments, launch subscriptions in a matter of minutes.
- Make use of our robust APIs to grow your subscription business.
- Sync with tools like Klaviyo, Gorgias, Avalara, and more
- Using a customer portal controls their own subscriptions.
- Increase AOV by adding upsells such as one-time products.
- Allow consumers to postpone or cancel delivery
- And Many More…
4. Native Subscriptions:
- You can set up discounts for initial subscription orders.
- Easily Manage email notifications
- From their own customer login, customers may simply skip, suspend, or cancel their subscriptions at any moment.
- provides a lot of freedom when configuring the rules and subscription onboarding process.
- Simple customization: Native Subscription offers a scalable design that melds in with the look of your store.
5. Seal Subscriptions℠ & Loyalty:
- Two modes, Auto-charging mode and Recurring invoices
- Mixed subscriptions in the same cart
- Subscription discounts
- Customer can easily manage their own subscription
- Subscription box feature
- and many more…
6. Subscriptions by Yotpo:
This app is recently launched in the Shopify store. It has some good and unique features due to that, We added it to our list even though we know it has limited reviews.
- Installing and setting up Yotpo Subscriptions will only take you a few minutes. Boost customer lifetime value with subscriptions on your product pages!
- Automatic integration with your Shopify theme and checkout, easily customize without developers
- A customizable Subscribe & Save, widget on your product pages, easily adjusted to the look and feel of your theme
- Native Shopify checkout experience to maximize conversion
- Create as many subscriptions plans as you need
- Best in class 24/7 customer support without any additional charges
- And Many More…
Also Read: Shopify vs. WooCommerce: Which is Perfect For Your eCommerce Store?
Final words: For Our Best Shopify Subscription Apps
This article compares the best subscription apps and provides important information if you want to start a subscription business model. So, I hope this article will help you to understand the subscription model’s pros and cons. Then consider using the above apps to improve your online store sales and customer experience. Wishing you success with starting this model!