As a smart online seller or business owner, you know how important it is to hide shipping methods in Shopify for certain situations. Shipping is one of the most important parts of running an eCommerce store because it can make or break a customer’s shopping experience.
And while it’s important to give your customers a variety of shipping options, there may be times when you need to hide some shipping options from them. But how can you do this without making the checkout process difficult or confusing?
In this article, we’ll talk about some easy but effective ways to hide the shipping method Shopify at checkout without hurting the overall customer experience.
Reasons to Hide Shipping Method Shopify at Checkout:
Even though it’s usually best to be open about shipping methods and costs, there are times when online vendors or business owners might need to hide shipping method Shopify at checkout.
Here are five possible reasons why:
1. Competitive Advantage: In a market with a lot of competition, online sellers may want to hide certain shipping methods so that competitors don’t find out about their unique shipping strategies and lose their edge in the market.
2. Limited Shipping Options: If a vendor has limited shipping options because of where they are located, size, weight, or carrier restrictions, they may want to hide those options so they don’t disappoint customers who want a different shipping method.
3. Special Promotions: Vendors may want to offer special shipping promotions to a select group of customers without telling everyone else about it. In this case, hiding the shipping method during checkout is helpful.
4. International Shipping: International shipping can be complicated and expensive. Online stores may only want to show some of the shipping options available to international customers to avoid confusion and cart abandonment.
5. Branding and Customer Experience: Vendors may want to present a certain brand image or customer experience, and giving too many shipping options can hurt that image or experience. In these situations, hiding certain shipping methods can help the customer have a more streamlined and consistent shopping experience.
Ways to Hide Shipping Method Shopify at Checkout Using the Third-Party App:
When a customer is checking out on your Shopify store, there are several ways to hide shipping methods from them. One of the easiest and most convenient ways to do something is to use third-party apps from the Shopify app store.
You can easily hide shipping methods during checkout by taking a few simple steps. This makes the process easier for customers.
Keep in mind, though that this may not always be the best way to handle some situations. You’ll need to think about how adding these apps might change the design or user experience.
No matter how you do it, you must make sure that your store’s checkout process is simple and meets customers’ needs and preferences.
Our Pick: Shipfy: Shipping Customization:
Shipfy: Shipping Customization is a flexible app made by Cirkle Studios that lets you change shipping options on your Shopify store in a lot of ways. Here are some of the app’s most important features, broken down into bullet points with explanations:
- Reorganize Checkout Shipping Rates: With this feature, you can change the order of your shipping rates or move the “Collection/Store Pickup” option to the bottom of your list, making the more profitable premium rates stand out. This is a good way to show how your business can benefit from different shipping options.
- Hide Shipping for Some Products: With product tag rates, it’s easy to hide the shipping costs for some items in your store. This is helpful if you want to offer free shipping on some items or hide shipping costs for items that can’t be sent through certain methods.
- Product Tag Rates: With Shipfy’s product tag rates feature, you can choose which products to ship for free. This is helpful if you want to ship some items for free or leave out shipping costs when they are not available.
- Hide Shipping Methods by Customer Tag & PO Box: With the customer tag and PO Box address hide shipping option, you can limit certain shipping methods to customers with your chosen tags or those who enter a PO Box address at checkout.
- Change Rates for Multi-Location/Multi-Vendor: Changing rates for multi-location/multi-vendor lets you change rates and delivery options based on the location and vendor of the product. So, different cost structures and menus of options can be made to fit your business needs in different places or from different vendors.
- Concealed Shipping for Discount Tiers: This feature lets you hide shipping rates for customers who have access to discounted tiers. You can offer special shipping rates or price cuts to customers who meet certain requirements.
- Added Shipping Discounts: This feature is helpful if you want to encourage shoppers to buy more products or reach a certain threshold to get free shipping. It lets you offer extra discounts on shipping costs based on the total value of the shopping cart, its weight, or the number of items in it.
- UNLIMITED: $4.99/month
- Free Development: Free
Shipfy: Shipping Customization is a great app to think about if you want to hide shipping method Shopify. The app also gives you a number of ways to change your shipping options. For example, you can hide, rename, and reorder shipping methods based on different conditions.
The good news is that the app has a free 7-day trial that lets you try it out. During this time, you can try out all of the features to see if it’s right for your store. After the trial period is over, the prices for Shipfy: Shipping Customization is clear and reasonable.
For just $4.99 a month, you can use all of the app’s features as much as you want. This means following a lot of rules and conditions, like hiding shipping for some products or customer tags and giving VIP customers better shipping rates.
The app also has support through live chat, email, and phone calls, so you can get the help you need when customizing your shipping options.
If your Shopify store is still being built, you can test the app for free on your development store. So, you can see how the app works and how it can help your store before agreeing to pay a monthly fee.
Here are the Detailed Steps for Using Shipfy to Hide Shipping Method Shopify at Checkout:
Step #1: Install the Shipfy: Shipping Customization app from the Shopify app store and launch it.
Step #2: After launching the app, you will be taken to the app dashboard. Here, it would be best to create your delivery customization by clicking the “Create delivery customization” button.
Step #3: Create a rule to hide free shipping from customers who purchase below $20. To create the rule, name it, such as “Hide Free Shipping”, and then click the “Create rules” option. You will have three options: change, sort, and delete the name.
Step #4: Choose the “delete if” option, and you will be prompted to fill in the following details:
- Enter Delivery Method: Enter the method you want to hide, such as “Free Shipping”.
- Customization Rules: There are three parts to this section:
- All below/any below rule: Choose the appropriate option based on your requirements. If you want to activate multiple rules, choose “All below”. If you want to go with a single rule, choose “Any below”.
- Rule type: Choose the appropriate option based on the criteria you want to use to determine whether to hide the shipping method. The options are:
- Cart Details: Total Amount, Sub-Total Amount & Weight
- The cart has any item: SKU, collection
- Address: country code, zip code, address line, area
- Customer: customer tag, total spend
- Rule condition: Choose either “greater than or equals” or “lower than or equals” based on the criteria you want to use to determine whether to hide the shipping method.
Step #5: For our example, we will choose “Cart detail” for the rule type and “Total amount” for the rule condition. We will choose “lower than or equals” and enter $20 for the amount.
Step #6: Click “Update” to hide the shipping method. Always conduct tests to ensure that the changes are added successfully.
If you need help with the installation, configuring, and customizing of the Shipfy: Shipping Customization app, our team of Shopify experts will assist you.
Whether you need help with Shopify development services such as theme customization, app development, or store migration, we are here to support you.
Finally, to hide shipping methods from Shopify at checkout, use a third-party app like Shipfy: Shipping Customization, which offers more advanced features and customization options.
We believe the Shipfy Shopify app is a reliable and user-friendly app that can help you hide shipping methods based on various criteria such as cart details, customer tags, and total spending.
Overall, hiding shipping methods at checkout can help improve the customer experience and increase conversion rate.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please comment or contact us for more information.