What is the success rate of the Shopify Store and how many Shopify stores fail? Check out the tips to help your Shopify store succeed.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is an eCommerce platform that allows individuals and businesses to create an online store and sell products and services.
It provides all the necessary tools and features for setting up a store, including website design templates, payment processing, inventory management, shipping options, and marketing tools.
Shopify also offers a wide range of third-party apps and integrations to enhance the functionality of the platform. With Shopify, users can easily create and manage their online store without needing any technical or coding skills.
It is a popular choice for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and larger enterprises looking to sell their products and services online.
What is Shopify’s Success Rate?
There is no clear answer to this question because success rates can vary a lot depending on the type of business, its niche, and many other factors. However, we can look at some data to get a general idea of Shopify success rate.
The Shopify Success Rate of eCommerce stores is around 5% to 10%. This means that out of every 100 businesses that use Shopify, only about 5 to 10 businesses of them are successful.
Top 10 common Shopify mistakes that can be easily avoided if you want to have a successful Shopify store and great sales.
Top 10 Reasons for Shopify Failure Rate:
1. Lack of Clear Purpose or Value Proposition:
Your Shopify store needs a clear goal or value proposition if you want to be successful. The importance of having a well-designed eCommerce website cannot be underestimated. If customers don’t understand the value of your products, they won’t buy from your Shopify store.
2. Ineffective Marketing:
To increase your sales, you need to market your Shopify store.
This means you must have a:
- Well-designed website
- Using Social Media
- Getting other marketing channels (email marketing, PPC)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
3. Lack of Mobile Optimization:
In today’s world, you need to make sure that your Shopify store works well on all mobile devices. This means having a responsive design on mobile devices.
- That looks great on all devices
- Fast Loading Times
- Easy Navigation
MageNative is a leading no-code mobile app builder specializing in creating high-quality and customizable mobile apps without coding knowledge for businesses of all sizes.
It offers various services like custom app development, customization, and maintenance for both iOS & Android platforms
4. Poor User Experience:
Customers who have a good experience with your store are likely to buy. Make sure your store is:
- Easy to use
- Displays well on all devices
5. Not Enough Differentiation:
If your products are the same as those of your competitors, you won’t attract customers. Make sure your products are unique and have a distinctive USP.
6. Not Enough Cross-sells, Upsells, or Related Products:
When you don’t have enough ways for people to buy, they’ll go somewhere else. Make sure there are a lot of products and that they are easy to find. You can achieve this by upselling and cross-selling.
7. Outdated or Poor Product Image:
First impressions are extremely important. Make sure your photos are of high quality and effectively showcase your products. If the image of your products is not good then customers will leave.
8. Not Enough Reviews or Testimonials:
Customers like to hear that your products are enjoyed by a lot of people. Make sure your website has a lot of good reviews and testimonials from customers who are happy with your products or services
9. Not Social Proof:
Make sure you use social media often. Also, promote positive customer experiences online. When people see that other people are talking about your brand on social media, it is called “social proof”. This helps people believe in and trust your store.
10. Not Leveraging Email Marketing:
Email marketing is a powerful way to get people to visit your site and make sales. Make sure to segment your list. Make sure your email marketing campaign is as successful as possible by personalizing your messages.
Tips to Improve Your Shopify Success Rate
Now that we know the top 10 reasons for Shopify Failure Rate. Let’s look at some tips on improving your Shopify store for success rates.
1. Improve Your Website’s SEO:
The best way to improve the Shopify success rate is to enhance your website’s SEO.
It means optimizing your website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). Now you must be wondering how to optimize your Shopify store. Don’t worry; we have a complete guide to help you.
There are several things you can do to improve your website’s SEO, including:
- Creating High-Quality Content
- Optimizing your website for Primary Keywords
- Building backlinks to your website
- Improving your website’s loading speed
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendliness
- Shopify Title and Meta Tags
- Shopify Product Descriptions
- Shopify Redirects
- Shopify Image ALT Tags
2. Increase Your Advertising Budget:
Increasing your advertising budget is another way to improve Shopify success rate. Advertising is a great way to drive traffic to your website.
You can use several advertising platforms, including:
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads, etc
3. Improve Your Product Image Quality:
To improve your Shopify success rate, improve your product image quality. Having high-quality product images helps your products stand out.
There are several ways to improve your product image, like:
- High-Quality Images
- Multiple Images
- Close-up Shots
4. Provide Free Shipping:
Free shipping is a great way to encourage customers to buy from your store.
There are several ways you can provide free shipping, like:
- Free shipping on all orders
- Offering free shipping on orders over a certain amount
- Providing free shipping to specific locations
5. Offer Discounts and Coupons:
Offering discounts or coupons to customers can improve the success rate of your Shopify store. It is a great way to attract people to visit your eCommerce store and make purchases.
You can do this using the Shopify store’s discount section or a third-party app such as the AIOD – All Automatic Discount App.
There are several ways you can offer discounts and coupons, including:
- Offering discounts and coupons through social media
- Offering discounts and coupons through email
6. Improve Your Customer Service:
Good customer service can help increase customer loyalty. It also makes people more likely to return to your store. A lot of Shopify loyalty app are available for implementing advanced customer loyalty programs.
There are several ways to improve your customer service, including:
- Make sure your customer support team is well-trained
- Make sure your customer support team is friendly and helpful.
- Make sure your customer support team is accessible
Customer support platforms are essential tools for streamlining customer service operations and providing a high level of support to customers.
7. Make Sure Your Website is Easy to Use:
The importance of an eCommerce website is that if customers can’t navigate your website, they won’t buy from you. So, your website should be easy to use for your customer.
There are several ways to ensure your website is easy to use, including:
- Make sure your website has simple and easy-to-use and navigation
- Make sure your website’s design is clean and uncluttered.
- Make sure your website’s checkout process is simple and easy to use
8. Offer a Wide Range of Payment Options:
The more ways to pay you to offer, the more likely it is that people will buy from your store.
There are several payment options you can offer, including:
- Credit and Debit cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Amazon Pay
9. Make Sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly:
People are shopping on their phones and tablets more and more. So it’s essential to ensure that all devices can access your website.
There are several ways to make your website mobile-friendly, including:
- Ensure that your website is responsive
- Your website must have a mobile-friendly design
- Make sure your website’s checkout process is mobile-friendly
10. Use Social Media to Promote Your Store:
Lastly, social media for an eCommerce store is a great way to get your store’s name out there and reach many people.
There are many ways to promote your store on social media:
- Creating a social media profile for your store
- Posting about your store on social media
- Advertising your store on social media
If you follow these tips, you can improve the Shopify success rate.
In conclusion, many things can go wrong with a Shopify store. Most of the time, it’s because the store needs more customers.
It could be because of a lack of products, bad SEO, or a weak social media presence, among other things. Understanding these common reasons why people lose can help you do better next time.
If you have any further questions, please leave a comment below.