Are you traditional merchants who sell their products offline? Now a day eCommerce industry is growing faster cause 7 out of 10 people want to purchase online instead of going to the shop and purchasing offline.
Now if you want to start your eCommerce store then you have to check the rich design, flexibility, and pricing. It is a tough question of which platform to choose for the eCommerce store. In the market, we have the two best popular platforms to develop the eCommerce store.
Shopify is an online store builder that allows users to create websites for selling products. It has a simple interface and offers many features to help users build their businesses.
WooCommerce is another popular platform for building an online store. It provides similar functionality to Shopify but also includes additional features.
- 1. What is Shopify?
- 1.1 Key Feature of Shopify:
- 2. What is WooCommerce?
- 2.1 Key Features of WooCommerce:
- 3. Pros and Cons
- 4. Shopify Pros and Cons:
- 4.1 Shopify Pros
- 4.2 Shopify Cons
- 5. WooCommerce Pros and Cons
- 5.1 WooCommerce Pros
- 5.2 woocommerce-cons
- 6. Basic Considerations for Shopify vs. WooCommerce Platform for your Business:
- 7. What is the difference between Shopify vs. WooCommerce?
- 8. FAQ
What is Shopify?
Shopify is the pre-hosted eCommerce store development platform. This platform is launched in 2004 and is updated day by day.
The Shopify team always researches the market and updates the platform. Shopify is a great platform for eCommerce store development.
Shopify has its own app store from where you can expand your store functionality. There are 6k+ public apps are available for your store.
If you have any custom requirements then Shopify allows you to develop private apps for your store.
If you want to develop a private app then we are here for you just share your requirement with us here https://www.cirklestudio.co/contact-us/.
Shopify allows you to develop the native app of your store for mobile. Shopify builds an extensive app to convert your store into a mobile app.
Click here to get more details about that.
This is the best product review app https://apps.shopify.com/rivyo-product-review.
Key Feature of Shopify:
- Built-in abandoned cart recovery: Remind your customers about their liked products by sending out emails.
- Multiple Sales Channel: Yes, with Shopify, you can sell on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Social media integration: Yes, the Shopify-powered platform allows customers to purchase within the app.
- Cost: Depending on your store requirement, you can choose an appropriate Shopify plan.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is not called true eCommerce cause WooCommerce is a plugin of WordPress. WordPress is used for content management, not for eCommerce but if you add a plugin called WooCommerce to your WordPress it will be working as an eCommerce store where you can add products and all.
WordPress is a framework which is launched in 2003 as content management. After it is on the top-notch WordPress team launched a plugin called WooCommerce in 2011 and after this plugin WordPress is more popular.
WooCommerce has a 23.43 % global market share, making it the most popular eCommerce platform.
Key Features of WooCommerce:
- Price: Free but requires hosting
- Customer Support: via Email, support center, and community forum
- Mobile app features: Creating and processing the products, viewing analytics, and performance report generation.
- Point of sale (POS): Yes
- Website Hosting: Third-party selected by you.
Best of all, Shopify offers numerous sales channels as well as social media integration, allowing merchants like you to sell from anywhere. Instead of just having an eCommerce site, you can connect with various drop shippers like eBay, Amazon, Instagram, and Facebook to increase your sales potential. The various options provided by the Shopify eCommerce platform allow you to reach a large audience at no extra cost.
Pros and Cons
When we compare Shopify vs WooCommerce, it is clear that each has benefits and drawbacks. Let’s look into what each platform has to do with it.
Shopify Pros and Cons
- You are fully aware of your monthly expenses and the cost is acceptable.
- You may choose from thousands of applications to expand your shop.
- There are various beautiful subjects.
- Shopify takes care of both hosting and security.
- It takes little time to launch your business.
- Dropshipping is comparatively simple with Shopify.
- Support is offered by the top experts in the field.
- You don’t have as much control over your website with Shopify.
- Other systems offer more customizing options.
- You are required to pay an escalating amount each month.
WooCommerce Pros and Cons
- WooCommerce offers complete control and customization.
- WordPress has a huge online community.
- The alternatives are almost endless as practically anybody can make and sell themes and plugins online.
- WooCommerce is simple to configure for WordPress users.
- The WooCommerce plugin is free to use.
- WordPress requires some learning on your part.
- WooCommerce may end up costing more in the long run due to plugins, themes, and hosting.
- Everything, including hosting, security, upkeep, and backups, must be under your control.
Basic Considerations for Shopify vs. WooCommerce Platform for your Business:
- Budget: Offering free doesn’t mean it is valuable, look it is a fully functional eCommerce store even if it costs you little.
- Ease of use: The platform you choose should likely offer updated features, easing your build options.
- Payment Methods: With updated features, you should have the ability to support multiple payment methods.
- Integrations: To grow exponentially, your selected platform should support numerous integration tools.
- Scalability: Inclusive of all the above points, the platform should support you in scaling as your business grows.
What is the difference between Shopify vs. WooCommerce?
When you search for Shopify vs WooCommerce on Google, you may obtain the opinions of many different business owners. Even if these recommendations may be helpful, the true choice between Shopify vs WooCommerce will depend on a few crucial differences.
The main difference between Shopify vs WooCommerce is that Shopify is an all-in-one eCommerce solution designed to provide you with everything you need to get started online.
Shopify swaps out the complex tools and technical aspects of running an online business with easy-to-use ones. Your Shopify store may be up and operating in a matter of minutes. But as a result of this, you won’t have as much exact control over your website.
WooCommerce, on the other hand, is a self-hosted eCommerce platform if you’re looking for more customization options. This implies that you may access various parts of your shop using the code.
You need an all-in-one package with loads of fantastic features and applications to launch your online store rapidly.
You already own a WordPress website and don’t mind exercising additional control over your shop.